If you go to university, you will probably....
Enjoy your course
- The 2011 National Student Survey reported that 83% of students were satisfied with the quality of their course
- Most students also report that their course is intellectually stimulating, their lecturers enthusiastic and supportive and that their course has aided their own personal development
Get a paid job within six months
- 70% of UK domiciled graduates from 2009/10 were known to be working 6 months after graduation. 3% of those who were employed were voluntary or unpaid workers.
- Another 13.5% were in further study
Get a permanent job within six months
- 63% of UK graduates from 2009/10 working six months after graduation in the UK were on permanent contracts.
- 5% were freelancing
- 11% were on fixed-term contracts of more than a year (this latter includes newly-qualified doctors working as pre-registration house officers)
Get a graduate job within six months
- 63% of employed graduates from 2009/10 were working in ‘graduate-level’ jobs six months after graduate
So, it is worth going? Probably.
Anything else I ought to add to my list of 'probably's?